What are the forward/slash awards about?
The forward/slash awards are all about celebrating those who drive change, inspire growth, and promote cooperation in our region. Award winners exemplify the pillars upon which forward/slash is built: collaboration, inspiration, and transformation. The community is invited to nominate individuals or businesses that stand out in their commitment to our community and its future. Nominations for the 2023 have now closed. Nominations for 2024 will open in spring 2024.
- forward/together Award: This award celebrates individuals or businesses that exemplify a spirit of collaboration. They are committed to strengthening existing partnerships and fostering new connections. They are community builders, bringing together diverse stakeholders to drive change, inspire growth, and promote cooperation among institutions, industries, municipalities, Indigenous nations, and the business community.
- forward/thinking Award: This award celebrates individuals or businesses that inspire others with their approach to building an economically and environmentally sustainable future for our region. They are global thinkers, connecting their work towards solving some of the world’s biggest challenges. These individuals or businesses are laying the groundwork to have a positive impact for generations to come. They are invested in what comes next for the Edmonton region.
- forward/momentum Award: This award celebrates those who take bold action to affect change. These individuals or businesses act with a sense of urgency in advancing our shared vision for the region’s economic future and actively contribute to scaling up the existing initiatives that are already making an impact. These individuals are not about small incremental change – they’re committed to transforming and accelerating the economic growth of our region.
Nomination Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for nomination, individuals and businesses must:
- Exemplify leadership within the Edmonton region
- Reside, work, or be located within the Edmonton Metropolitan Region
- Demonstrate a positive impact on the regional economy while aligning with the forward/slash pillars (forward/together, forward/thinking, forward/momentum)